Tuesday, February 17

Life

So I wrote this for a class, and it only took like 5 minutes but I really kinda like it. Sooo, I am posting here to see what the 4 people who read this think. It is quite minimalistic which fits me I guess. Just a reflection on life, enjoy.
Also feel free to speculate on the meaning behind it; I have my opinion but that is what I love about art, it is open to others ideas.

Life

This is it

Life and Death

Joy and Sorrow

Happiness and Pain

the beauty and the ugliness


This is it.

This is all we have

This is all we get

Nothing more

Nothing less


This is it.

This is what we choose.

Only to view in black and white,

yet we so often miss

those subtle shades of grey.


5 comments:

  1. I love the end. "those subtle shades of grey". I would speculate that this line is referring to the fact that we often try to live life in a severely monotonous routine that we are comfortable with when there are in fact several grey areas that have not yet been explored. Often times these grey areas contain the most magnificent beauty our eyes will ever see. Thanks for sharing this bro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has a captivating simplicity. I do like it, I relate to it... as must people on the journey of life really should. Wonderful. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, thanks guys and Ben that is a new perspective. That is why I love art it is so subjective despite what people say. My thoughts were that we go through life and only choose to see the black and white. That there is either beauty or ugliness that we have to choose, but really there are all these different emotions that we miss out on and all this beauty that is the grey. Anyway I like your thoughts just as much. And Nicole I am nothing compared to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe, how can you say a line like "Nicole, I am nothing compared to you" just after you say that you love art because it is subjective despite what people say. Writing is an art -- and it is subjective. Our words will speak differently to people, and we can appreciate and love each others words without a comparison. It's tough, I know it.. I am being a hypocrite right now, but deal with it!

    ReplyDelete

Followers